Sunday, April 1, 2012

Aerospace Engineering 4 Kids

I have always been a pretty curious person.  I like understanding how things work and why they are the way they are, so I ask a lot of questions when I am learning something new. As a result people tend to find me frustrating, but I have always been this way even as a little kid.

One day when I was about three or four I needed to know how airplanes fly, so I went up to my dad who I considered to be the supreme keeper of all knowledge and wisdom and asked him "Dad, how do airplanes fly?"  My dad is not a physicist of any kind, so he couldn't really give me the sort of super in depth explanation I usually like, but he said he thought it was maybe something to do with forced air.

"Okay" I replied, totally content with his vague explanation. 

But Dad knew there was a catch. I never gave up on anything that easily.

"Why don't we go check your Charlie Brown Encyclopedia?" he asked.  The Charlie Brown Encyclopedias always had the answer if he didn't.

"Nope, that's okay I get it" I said confindently.

He was puzzled.  He was pretty sure his toddler wasn't suddenly an expert in aerospace engineering after the explanation "something to do with forced air" so he demanded I explain it to him.

"Okay" I said. "One stair, two stair, three stair, forced air..."

We were both satisfied with that response and I eventually went and got a bunch of Arts degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment