Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Find This Message Creepy

"We noticed that you've been a Weebly user for 2 days, 11 hours, 10 minutes and 24 seconds, but you still haven't published your site!"


1. Chill out I've been busy.
2. Why is my website so important to you that you are running a doomsday clock?  Alerting me to the precise number of seconds is a little intense.
3. Exclamation point?! Seriously?!!! It's been two fucking days since starting a website, it's not like I got drunk and ran over a baby.  There's really no need to scold me. And I haven't been given any of the content yet so it's not even my fault.  You're stressing me out Weebly!


When Twitter sent me their 'where the fuck did you go?' message they at least waited a few weeks.  The automatic messaging system recognized that we needed some time apart, but gently reminded me that it was waiting whenever I felt like I was ready to come back.  It gave me my space and let me know that it still cared.  And now we're back together, still taking things slow, but I feel like things could blossom between us again.

Weebly, on the other hand, is acting like this overprotective monster and I think it might kill me in my sleep.

I have never spent long enough away from Facebook to know how they handle their defectors, and I probably never will.  I love you Facebook, you complete me.


*UPDATE*

And then this appeared in my inbox:

"It's been 6 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes and 24 seconds since you last logged in, and we're starting to get really worried.

We were just getting to know each other.  You created 1 site, 2 pages, dragged on 1 element, and then... nothing."

1. Please don't file a missing person's report on me. I still exist. I just updated facebook not that long ago.
2. We weren't really getting to know each other. Have you been watching me in the shower? I feel kind of uncomfortable.
3. It is 1 day, 13 hours, 27 minutes and 46 seconds before I file a restraining order.


*UPDATE*

Hopefully I have laid to rest all those creepy messages from Weebly as the website is now up and running at www.travellerstrax.com

No comments:

Post a Comment